ENJOY ALL THE BENEFITS OF SKYPE WITH VPN
Skype is the world’s most popular instant messaging and video messaging app with over 300 million active users each month. Skype was launched in 2003 and is a worldwide success, even today, as many new applications compete with the leader. Microsoft, the new owner of the brand, announced in 2014 the launch of a company version that offers even more useful features for the pros. Between free or paid, here is the information that will help you make a choice. Find all our opinions on video conferencing solution
Instant messaging, video conferencing, VoIP, file transfer
Skype, in the free version, covers the complementary dimensions and essential to a classic messaging. In effect, the use evolving towards more employee mobility, more productivity, and innovation, instant communication has become a must for everyone. Skype allows you to cover the following functions:
Adding contacts to your address book with their Skype ID or by name
- Instant Messaging with as many participants as you want
- Audio calls to two or in groups up to 25 people (including you)
- Voicemail so your contacts can leave you messages
- Video calls for two or groups up to 10 people (including you)
- Screen sharing in pairs or groups up to 10 people (including you)
- Sending files and contacts
VoIP: buying credits to call landline and mobile phones around the world
skype do pobrania in its free version is more than enough for most startups and small businesses. The limit of 10 or 25 users is rarely reached and the functional coverage is very satisfactory. However, if the uses will probably keep you on this version, some hidden limits may change the minds of the most demanding users.
Skype limits that will take you to the Enterprise version
The most intensive users of Skype notice for themselves the limitations of the software. This list is current at the time of writing this article:
Video or videoconference calls
Video calls are limited to 100 hours per month, 10 hours per day and 4 hours per call. The limit is relatively high because it aims to limit abuse. However, video conferencing is limited to 10 people with optimal quality of up to 5 people. Some conferences are sometimes so jerky that participants come to join by phone. You can go up to 25 people but only the first 10 will be able to use their camera. The next 15 will be audio-only.
Slow file sharing
- Skype is not made to exchange files but the function is indeed practical.
- Security, strong argument to switch to the paid version
- With Skype, Microsoft gives you no guarantee of security and confidentiality of your data. So you can lose your contacts, your history and your files without any repair. Your conversations are not subject to specific coverage to keep them confidential.