Link Aadhaar Card to your Mobile Number: The OFFLINE Method
Indian Supreme Court has recently released a mandatory directed, asking all residents of India to link their Mobile number to their Aadhaar card. If you have a mobile number with any mobile network provider in India, you must have received a text message containing the directive. Everyone should be able to complete the enrollment process before the due date comes to avoid any fines and penalties in the future.
There are three different ways on how to register mobile number in Aadhaar card. The easiest is to visit your mobile network provider store branch, you can also just download a form online and send it to the right address, there is also a way on how to register mobile number in Aadhar card online.
Important Details Needed to Complete The Process.
When linking your Aadhaar card to your mobile number, there are a few things that you should already have with you. Whether you do it online, offline or through a retailer store, you still need these important details.
- Aadhaar card copy
- Mobile number or sim card
- Your sim card should be inserted in a working mobile phone to receive OTP
- OTP will be sent to you to complete the process
- Fingerprint for Biometric verification
Adding your Mobile Number to Aadhaar Card.
There will be some instances that you would want to add or change the mobile number in your current Aadhaar card. It’s really easy with a fast turnaround. You just have to be careful and be accurate with the information needed to avoid re-application and to complete the enrollment process.
- You have to download the Aadhaar card correction application form.
- Check the box for “Mobile” in the field for update and correction.
- Then put your 12- digit uniquely identified Aadhaar number.
- Fill up the required details needed to your name, gender, date of birth, address, and so on. You can fill details in English, you can also use your local language.
- In the mobile number column, enter the mobile number that you want to add to your Aadhaar card.
- You can also add your email address but it’s optional.
- Once you are done filling out the form, add a photocopy of any Proof of Identity. It can be your Driving license, Passport, Voter ID card, and so on. Write your Aadhaar card number to each attached documents.
- It is important to sign the documents provided with your fingerprint.
- Once everything is done, double check all the information provided.
- Send the application form via the post on the correct address.
UIDAI Post Box No. 99,
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034, India
Box No. 10, Chhindwara,
Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India
Linking your Mobile number to your Aadhaar card is easy. You have three options to choose from and sending the application form by post is one of the most preferred ways of most Indian residents. The enrollment is FREE of charge so you don’t need to worry about additional charges. If you have not linked your mobile number yet, complete your enrollment as soon as possible to avoid any hassle in the future.